Friday, January 27, 2012

Pricey in China

Here's a little update from Nathan on Price's adventures in China:


Price threw the biggest tantrum of his life last night. His little brother would have been proud. It was pretty impressive, the nurse even came to our room to see if he was okay. I told her everything was fine, except I had to say it a few times because she couldn't hear me over the screaming. Like I said, pretty impressive. (I'm not sure exactly what set him off, but it had something to do with his Blue's Clues DVD not working. It's a love/hate relationship with Blues Clues, really). So what do you do when your 3 year old is losing their mind and it's close to bedtime??? You get them in their PJ's as fast as humanly possible and get them in bed. Since he was already blowing the roof off the place and it takes 20 minutes for the water to get warm in the bathroom, I decided to skip bath time, but I did go ahead and wash his hands and brush his teeth. Let me tell you how much he loved that. By this point he was almost spent but he was still doing that involuntary sniff jerk motion in between breaths they do when their running out of steam. I stuffed a pacifier in his mouth and turned off all the lights and waited for the end to come. There was some faint moaning for a little while, but he didn't last long. I was actually kind of proud of him for putting on such a show. We said we were hoping he would do at least one new thing as a result of us coming here. Well, not exactly what we were going for, but hey, we'll take it. 

Don't worry, Price was back to his usual smiley self this morning. Praise the Lord. 


Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment