Thursday, January 5, 2012

Little eyes that see


As we were walking out the door yesterday for an afternoon
at the Science Spectrum, Sawyer stopped, pointed to something
by the door threshold, and said, "deh-dhur, deh-dhur".

And sure enough, there at the tip of his pointy finger was the
tee-tiniest feather I think I have ever seen.

I picked it up very carefully and let him hold it. He touched it to his face
and made the sweet little "feather-face" of his he always makes 
when he plays with the feathers in our seashore collection. 

Then we put it on the desk in the entry hall and went on our play date.

When I saw it again this morning,
I was reminded of all of those tiny things we miss in life
because we have become too "big" to see them.

Thank you God, for little eyes that keep our eyes
open to the "very least of these" in
your Kingdom of Heaven.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment