Friday, January 27, 2012

Nienie's Blog


My today has been such a mixed blessing...

Sawyer was sick and restless and cute and fun and wearying..
and I am tired...too tired to walk.
So, I want to share Nienie's Blog, one that I visit daily
because it keeps me thinking straight,
whatever that means.
Stephanie Nielson and her husband Christian were in a horrific airplane crash back in 2008 that left them both with
challenging injuries, especially Stephanie.
Their story is amazing!!
Here is Stephanie's (Nienei's) blog for today: 
 FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012

Mr. Nielson and I worked in our office today.
Cleaning, clearing, budgeting, rearranging, and organizing.
Nicholas played with odds and ends {staplers, hole punchers, paperclips,cardboard boxes,
you know stuff like that} around the office while eating cherry juju lip gummies.
As I was clearing off my desk I found a box.
All of a sudden, I recognized the box.
This box sat in the corner of my hospital room all those months.
Inside the box I found hundreds of sweet cards from people all over the world.
I remembered back to the time in my hospital room during dressing changes
or horrible days when I needed a little pick me up, my mom or Mr. Nielson {or my nurse-or anyone for that matter} would pull out a note from the
box and read it out loud to keep me going.





Today after finding the cards, I read a few out loud, and some struck deep in my heart.
Then I broke down and cried.
They meant so much to me, and most of them from strangers.
Strangers! I am so blessed and grateful, they pulled me through such hard times.
Hopefully I can do the same for someone else in their time of need.

Have a fabulous weekend.
I am going skiing {we got snow!!}
Finishing up organizing.
Lunch with Andrew and Reachel!
Date night with Mr. Nielson

Spiritual Enlightenment here.


No comments:

Post a Comment