Saturday, January 21, 2012

Deep and Wide

A quote from my massage-therapist friend, Trish, who
treats both my body and my soul:

Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone.

We were talking about how overwhelmed people can feel when they see
the tremendous need throughout our world.

And then, because they don't know where to begin 
and it seems they could never do enough, they do nothing.

Any gesture of love or connection made with any one person
is significant, because it is what we can do.

As Trish says,
If you can't go wide, go deep.

(I'm sure Trish would give credit to the author of these words,
but for now, I'm giving them to her.)

I saw the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close yesterday,
and today I watched I AM on On Demand.

Both of these films speak volumes about the potential 
that lies in each of us to change our world, 
simply by doing what we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment