Monday, March 2, 2015

Tributes to Rob

"When I think of Rob,
I think of a kind, generous man,who meant a lot to my dad.
Those guys seem to have a really special bond."

"Sarah, you don't know me,
but when I lived in Abilene, Robert and I
were friends at church.
Robert was always a good person,
and I'm sure in adulthood he continued to be
a caring and intelligent man."

"Dear Rob,
I want you to know of my deep and profound
love and respect for you and for Sarah.
I am grateful beyond words for the
gift of your friendship.
And, now, as you walk the holiest of
all journeys, you are in my heart and prayers."

"I was so saddened to hear about Robert.
He was an outstanding Christian gentleman
and a valued friend."

"Standing with you in your brave and intelligent choice."

"Robert was such a wonderful counselor.
He had a heart of gold, and he will remembered 
by all of us who were blessed to know him."

"You are in our hearts and thoughts.
I'm so glad we got the chance to know Rob
when you all came to Alaska.
I have such lovely, happy, funny memories of him."

"I genuinely grieve over your loss, our loss also,
even as I know that Rob is no longer sick or hurting.
For as long as I have known Mike,
you and Rob were friends and colleagues, always 
helping others and lovingly raising your son.
I know Rob helped many people during his career;
he was a noble man."

"We did not know Rob had been so ill, 
so the news of his death stunned us to say the least! 
In fact, a night or two before Christmas, tiring of the carols, 
I got out the CD Rob burned and gave to us 
and it sent me soaring, as usual! 
(He could not have chosen better!) 
So my thought was that I would write him right after Christmas
 to thank him again for the music and tell him 
how much we were still enjoying it! 
So I hope he got the message--just not in written form.
Rob was one of a kind, so creative, so generous, so fun. I could go on.
You, his family and the world will miss him but we rest 
in the knowledge that he is no longer having to deal 
with a body that betrayed him and is basking in a light 
that we can only dream of."

"What a loss of such a fun, fine friend!"



No comments:

Post a Comment