Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oooops!

FACTS:

I'm driving a new (old) car.

I haven't added the new key to my other set of keys.

I woke up without coffee in the house.

I threw on pants, jacket, headscarf and socks.

I grabbed my car key and billfold.

I went to McDonald's for oatmeal and Sr. Coffee.

I came home. 

I remembered then and only then that I had no key to the front door.

(That is why I must add this new car key to my other keys!)

Hmmm...

It was cold and I was hungry.

I sat in the car with the heater on and ate my breakfast.

Hmmm...

I had a dilemma.

Here are the questions that came to me:

Have we ever left a key "under the mat" and if not, WHY?

Could I call Zack to come bring me a house key?

(And WHY, for goodness sake, hadn't I also grabbed my cellphone?!)

Should I knock on neighbors' doors and ask to borrow a phone?

(And WHY didn't I get fully dressed before I left the house!)

Would I ever consider breaking a window to get into the house?

Hmmm...

If I could only get the garage door open...

Hmmm...

But the garage door opener is in the locked truck.

(We MUST get an opener for the new car!)

BUT WAIT!

What was it Rob told me last week when I called him from the
Science Spectrum to say I locked the keys in the truck
and that AAA was on the way?

AHA!

And yes!

(I had to do some hunting, but I found it!)

Truck door open...

Garage door open...

I'm IN!


No comments:

Post a Comment