Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Prayer for today

Lord, because you are my shepherd,
a constant loving presence,
I want for nothing.

You give me green pastures of rest
where my soul is restored.

You guide me in ways of goodness because 
you are who you say you are.

Even when life brings me close to death,
I can trust you to be there with me too.
Your presence comforts me.
I am safe.

You continually show me blessings unlimited,
right in front of those who are so confused about all of this. 

You bless me over and over again.
My cup is full to overflowing, more than enough,
...all of the time.

Surely all of this goodness and love I feel so strongly today 
has been and will be available every other day of my life.

And when I keep my eyes open, truly see and claim 
what is always right in front of my eyes,
I am reminded that your safe house 
is my safe home, forever.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment