Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My year with Nepo

Mark Nepo has been my daily companion for the past 365 days.
His Book of Awakening is the first thing I read each morning,
after I scan the newspaper and wake up my  brain with the crossword puzzle.

My friend Cheryl recommended the book to me while at Moe Ranch last year, 
and I can always count on her to point me to my next right book.

And so it happens that today is the last day of the readings for the past year,
and tomorrow I get to start rereading all of those wonderful
inspirational thoughts that have started each of my days.

As I read, I'll be reminded of how consistently inconsistent life is for all of us,
and, via my little scribbles, remember how we made it through anyway.

The Lord IS my shepherd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment