Sunday, February 5, 2012

Full

I went back to church this afternoon to play the piano 
for the memorial service of a woman I never knew.

Keitha was an English teacher, loved creating with word and art, and was full of life.
I think she and I would have been good friends.  

She was diagnosed with cancer seven years ago, 
so the past five years were spent seeking one treatment after another.

Her husband Richard had this to say:
"I know we once said 'for better or worse'. But I never dreamed 
I'd get to care for her in this special way for so many years. 
It just doesn't get any better than that!"

See why my heart is so full!



And then...
Right across the street from the church is 
Wheelock Elementary School, where I attended 4th grade in 1958
when we moved to Lubbock from Littlefield.


~The Circle of Life~

No comments:

Post a Comment