Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas comes...

 Are we ready?
 JOY!
 Hark!
 This morning I put on music...specifically the Jazz station.
I just wasn't up for Christmas music.
Most of it makes me cry.
Well, lo and behold, right there on the Jazz station, Kenny G's
"Winter Wonderland" starts playing.
It's from his Miracles:  The Holiday Album (1994), a CD we played
at Christmastime throughout the decades.
Ugh!  
I felt the initial tug on my heart as I remembered so many Christmas
seasons with these strains playing in the background.
But this time, instead of sadness, 
I felt such gratitude for the way music--this music
connects me to Rob and the goodness that was us.
 And then, by chance, my eyes landed on a "paw-paw"
shining high above my family photo gallery.
(See it?)
And then, I looked down at my lap at the Advent reading I was about
to read before the music caught my attention.
Goodness gracious!
Words, music, art...a multi-media trio of 
HOPE 
showing up right on time!!
I'm so glad I showed up for this lovely
Christmas Gift.

1 comment: