Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Shining

 I plucked this book from Zack's bookcase the other day.
It's one of the books he kept from Rob's bookshelf when we were cleaning out.
As it turns out, it is highly relevant these days as I look forward to 
my September trip to Great Brittain with Ed and Virginia.
The date under Rob's signature on the fly-leaf is 1998.
And here, 17 years later, I'm reading it with this trip in mind.
Rob collected several of Bryson's hilarious travelogues, 
and we've giggled at many passages read and re-read through the years.

So, when I decided to continue my reading this morning, 
I opened the book to where I'd left off yesterday,
 and there was this!
 And, as I read...





 Lovely, eh?
Right on time...and in just the right place.
What a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment