Friday, August 7, 2015

Being here...

In the past, on a day like today, I would have poured my heart out to Rob,
either in person if he was in town or over the phone.
No matter what our relationship challenges might be, we always,
ALWAYS were there 
to listen and support each other when we were hurting,
to be on each other's side, no matter what.
Today would have been one of those days when I just needed to roll it all out, 
not even sure I knew what I was feeling, but knowing I would feel better 
after "letting it out" with him.
And sure enough, after pouring it out,
he would take up for me and remind me of what a good job I was doing
and to not be so hard on myself.
He would get it...get ME, 
and that's usually all it would take for me to be up and running again.
He's not here to "be here" for me today, 
but just saying so seems to help a bit.
I miss him because, beyond a shadow of a doubt, 
he loved me.
Somehow, just knowing that holds me up.
And look what greeted me Saturday morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment