Saturday, August 1, 2015

Little things mean a lot...

I confess, I am a collector of little things.
For years I've displayed them in little bowls, cups, plates, and boxes 
throughout my home, on tables, counters, bookshelves, 
wherever they landed...an accumulation of memories.
Little Altars Everywhere
Like the many containers of shells, these containers of little things were 
beginning to feel less like treasures than they were 
clutter throughout the house.
 And yet, I am not ready to totally release them from my life.
I swear, each one has a story.
Therefore, enter 
THE TREASURE CHEST!
A beautiful box Mary gave me for my 60th birthday
And now, it is FULL of
MY LITTLE THINGS!
Several feathers, representing moments of affirmation 
A hand-crafted heart from Caleb
A note from me to me during the NCCILL journey
This cute photo of George & Helen
Rob's business card,
with THIS on the back
A letter and bag of collectors' coins from one of my Houston
high school English students back in the 70's
(Note the misspelling of "really" in his opening tribute...oh well!)
Encouragement from Cheryl
Gift from Rob, designed by Tim from one of his wood carvings
Glass candy bought on the Isle of Capri
Tiny framed affirmation from my Vera West Women's Center period
From dear friend, Linda Walker
Teen years charm bracelet
Keepsake from my contributions to the SLI in the 2000's
Little gift from Rob with a sweet note about 
his stubb...uh...persistence
Glorious memories of my 60th birthday party
and that gorgeous Circle of Friends
Little redbirds Susan and I bought to remember our 
Laity Lodge experience with Paula D'Arcy
Karla's creative tribute to my Italy experience
30 years ago...
 Coco-Art
 One of many lovely carvings from my friend Linda Pittard
Fun times at the NCCIL

No comments:

Post a Comment