Sunday, May 24, 2015

Amazing

"This is it...everything fits...all I ever hoped for is here."
From BREAD FOR THE JOURNEY
Henri Nouwen

I found that quote from a blogpost I wrote way back
in December of 2010 when I was writing about "soul-feeling happiness" 
and was experiencing AND noticing it at every turn.

That quote describes exactly how I feel today.

And yet, when I think about it, everything is not perfect, 
settled, easy, going our way, turning out the way we 
would have chosen it to be...at all!
In fact, much is "up in the air", unsettled, challenging, truly not 
going the way we perhaps would have wished.  
Life is not perfect!

And yet, those words are absolutely true!

WOW

Nouwen goes on to say,
"These moments are given to us 
so that we can remember them when God seems far away 
and everything appears empty and useless.  
These experiences are true 
moments of grace." 

No comments:

Post a Comment