Friday, May 15, 2015

I need tights with pockets!

Twice this past week when I went to pick up the boys after school,
I stuck my keys in my waistband so as not to have to juggle a purse whilst
juggling a 7-month-old + diaper bag and an active 5 year-old with a backpack 
and hands full of whatever he wanted "to play with in the backseat."

As we were leaving on Wednesday with boys and bags in tow,
I couldn't find my keys and realized they had slid down my pants leg 
and were creating a large lump on the inside of my tights.
Whew!  So glad I found the keys...but how to retrieve them without
putting Weston and his bag down.  There just had to be a way.

So I asked Sawyer to reach up and fetch them.
Fortunately, the tights I was wearing had gold zippers at the bottoms 
of each pant-leg, so Sawyer unzipped the leg, reached up and grabbed 
the keys and pulled them forth.
We were good to go!

Yesterday, we had a similar experience.  
Yes...I did it again.
However, this time the tights I was wearing did NOT have zippers, 
so Sawyer had to make a much grander effort to snatch those pesky keys 
from where they were "tightly" lodged inside my pant leg,
between my knee and ankle.
Being the determined little helper he is, 
he went for it, all the while shouting,
"Shake it, Emmy.  Shake it."
Which I did.
Sure enough, after a few leg-shakings, he was able to reach up 
and fetch the keys, and once again, we were good to go.

I would have loved a picture of the grandma 
holding the wiggly baby,
 while balancing a diaper bag on her shoulder 
AND 
shaking her left leg to beat the band,
at the vocal encouragement of a determined little boy 
who knew a good shake or two or three would do the trick.

You'd think I'd learn...

1 comment: