Friday, May 15, 2015

Katie

When I went to his class room to pick him up yesterday, Sawyer asked 
(using his words) if he could stay and play a little while longer with his friends, 
and he encouraged me and "Baby Boy" to just go wait on the steps.

I told him he had 5 minutes.

About midway into the five minutes, he came running out to the steps 
to announce to me that he was going to "marry Katie".
I nodded and smiled, and he was gone in a flash.

When his five minutes were up, I went to get him, and there was a cute 
little curly-blond-haired girl I'd never seen before--Katie.
The teacher said that Sawyer and Katie were indeed talking 
about getting married and she had overheard Katie say,
"Let's you and me get married, okay? 
And remember, my name is Katie."

On the way home, Sawyer mentioned it again, 
and I asked him if Katie was in his class.
He said he'd never seen her before today; 
their two classes had combined for the last hour of school.

Love at first sight?

I asked him why he wanted to marry her, 
and he said because he wanted to go play at her house.

Several minutes later, from the backseat came a plaintiff cry: 
"Oh no, Emmy. I don't know where Katie lives."

The challenges of courtship!

1 comment: