Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Before & After


Zack told me that before I arrived to keep the boys Saturday evening
so he and Shan could go to the UMC Gala,
Sawyer asked him,
"Since you and Mom are getting fancy, should I get fancy for Emmy?"

Gotta love him!

And there's more...

Without going into unnecessary detail, the three of us 
(yes, that's me and the children)
 had a bit of a melt-down later than evening resulting in tears all around.
(Emmy does cry.)

We recovered pretty quickly, but at one point in the midst of our weeping,
and feeling so sorry he had made Emmy cry,
Sawyer sobbed,
"I feel horrible.  Emmy, I would give you all my money!!"

Awwwww...

 I pulled him to me and Weston joined us in a group hug.
I assured him we were all okay and not to worry.
He was forgiven.

Later that evening as we processed
"what in the world was THAT about?!!!",
he confessed that "the incident" had occurred, in part,
because "his imagination had run wild" and he was scared to be alone.

Then he whimpered,
"Emmy, I thought you were going to fire me.
I don't mean burn me, but send me far, far away."

Oh, Sawyer, I would never fire you...ever, ever!


When I got up the next morning,
Zack said it sounded like we'd had a rough evening.
I had not planned to "tattle",
but it seems Sawyer needed to confess he'd made Emmy cry, and why.
(Better to head 'em off at the pass...)

When I told Zack about Sawyer's fear of a "firing",
he was surprised that he would even know about the concept.
Then we figured out that he probably knew about "firing"
from the Sponge Bob Squarepants episode where Squidword gets fired
from the Krusty Crabb by Mr. Crabb.

And who says Sponge Bob Squarepants isn't educational?
And Sunday morning goodness!!

Proud Bed-Maker with Friends

 Weston almost gets away with stealing Sawyer's cup!

Fancy





1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the processing of a child's mind. So thankful for an Emme who listens and works through the fear. What a gift for both of you!

    ReplyDelete