Saturday, January 30, 2016

Savoring

YIKES!
So many of the folks I love have been on the receiving end of
THIS!!
They have often indulged me, occasionally celebrated photos they
"wanted a copy of", and most frequently just wondered
WHY?
(is she taking a picture of THAT!!)

I am indeed a photographile,
(is that even a word?)
and it's hard to put into words my affinity for the photo,
and the taking thereof.

I found the following words in a book I'm reading,
and I think this may be it:

Judith Moskowitz, an expert in the field of stress disorders, conducted a series of studies in which she created a toolbox of different strategies to promote positive emotions. Some of those strategies included things like intentionally helping a person notice or selectively attend to positive events, something that she called capitalizing or savoring. Often when something negative happens, we ruminate about it over and over again. Could we also cause a sort of rumination about positive events,
called savoring?
SAVORING
I do believe that is it!!
That is what I am doing when I grab my camera,
these days it's usually my phone,
and snap something that has grabbed my attention--my heart.
It's also what I do when I add entries to this blog.

It's like chewing your food and putting your fork down between bites.

It's noticing and affirming the noticed thing/one
with a "click" of appreciation
IN THE MOMENT!
Ah!





1 comment: