Thursday, September 5, 2013

So close!

Monday morning at 9:15a.m.

Well, there IS a 515 E. 44th...so there!
I was willing to accept my ineptness to locate this address
last Friday when I'd made two trips to find it.
BUT
When I drove up to the actual location and saw this sign,
I decided to cry, "UNCLE" and head on back to work.
It seems UPS has you right where they want you.
There were two other disgruntled customers gazing at the sign 
when I arrived, one with a card like mind for a package pick-up, 
the other with a very large box she had lugged across the parking lot.
SO
After 3 attempts I gave up, headed back to work, 
called the 1-800 number.which usually means you spend 30 minutes 
listening to an electronic voice commanding you to push various buttons 
for various services, according to your "needs"...which rarely match.
BUT...TA-DAH!
I actually got a human being this time! 
She took my information and the package was redelivered on Tuesday.

Lessons Learned:
  • If it says East "whatever", trust them; there really is one!
  • Always Google first!
  • Swallow your pride (and your sense of "adventure"), Sarah, and use a GPS!
  • There are live humans on the other end of the UPS 1-800 number; you just have to find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment