Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The One Way

I am aware that I am resisting the only WAY to really live in love.
It is definitely a narrow way.
And it would mean sacrificing my ego/thinker for my soul/presence.
(for just a few minutes each day...)
No wonder the rich young ruler said no thanks. 
(At least I am aware.)
What does it mean when Jesus says you should love God with your whole heart, with your whole soul, with your whole mind (not just your dualistic mind), with your whole strength?
What does it mean, as the first commandment instructs us, to love God more than anything else? The only way I know how to love God and to teach you how to love God is to love what God loves. To love God means to love everything . . . no exceptions.
Of course, that can only be done with divine love flowing through us. And we can only allow divine love to flow by way of contemplative, nondualistic consciousness, where we stop eliminating and choosing. This is the transformed mind (Romans 12:2) that allows you to see God in everything, and empowers your behavior to almost naturally change.
Religion, from the root religio, means to reconnect, to bind back together. I would describe mystical moments as those attention grabbing events that overcome the gap between you and other people, events, or objects, and even God. The work of spirituality is to look with a different pair of eyes (nondual eyes) beyond what Merton calls "the shadow and the disguise" of things until you can see them in their connectedness and wholeness. In a very real sense, the word God is just a synonym for everything. So if you do not want to get involved with everything, stay away from God.
~R. Rohr

Gateway to Silence:
Be here now.

John Wesley's Prayer

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment