Friday, October 12, 2012

Nite-Nite


(There is no appropriate or clever visual for this!)


While rocking Sawyer to the strains of
Night Songs tonight,
I wondered if this wasn't some sort of weird paradox.

After an afternoon of "Terrible Two" experiences, he is now nestled 
oh so sweetly in my arms with his blanket and lamby, much like he was 
for so many months when I prepared him for nap time.

Unlike those times, though, Night Songs didn't do the trick, 
and he is now singing at the top of his lungs 
(while he's supposed to be going to sleep),

"I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee..."

It used to be cute and now, at 9PM, it's NOT!

I vaguely remember the "Terrible Twos" with Zack, but not really.
I remember more the "Threatening Thirteens" when I couldn't imagine
where he'd gone and prayed that he'd one day return,or at least 
some facsimile of the child I had truly liked.

It helps me to realize that it wasn't too terribly long after that
that I did like him again and continue to on most days.

As Sawyer continues to yell out,
"Eeeeemmmy...Eeeeeemmmmy",
in his attempt to avoid the unavoidable--bed, 
I just Take 3 Breaths and Say Yes:
This too shall pass.





No comments:

Post a Comment