Friday, October 12, 2012

Mark 10:22 Young & Restless


And the young man went away sorrowful,
for he had great possessions.

"Remember how heartbroken you once were, 
how you were certain you never would be happy again because 
you lost someone or something that was so precious to you? 

But then what happened? 
Time passed and you learned to get on pretty well, did you not? 
That should have alerted you to the falseness of your belief, 
to the trick your programmed mind was playing on you.

An attachment isn't a fact. 
It is a belief, a fantasy in your head, acquired through programming. 

If that fantasy did not exist  inside your head, 
you would not be attached. 

You would love things and persons 
and you would enjoy them thoroughly but, lacking the belief, 
you would enjoy them on a non attachment basis. 

As a matter of fact, is there any other way to really enjoy something? 

Pass in review now all those attachments of yours. 

And to each person or object that comes to mind say: 
'I am not really attached to you at all. 
I am merely deluding myself into the belief that without you 
I will not be happy.' 

Just do this honestly and see the change that comes about within: 
'I am not really attached to you at all. I have merely cheated myself  
into the belief that without you I will not be happy.'"

From The Way to Love

No comments:

Post a Comment