Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hold that thought...


Listening to our mechanical Santa playing "Holly Jolly Christmas"...

picking it out on the piano, "by ear"...

remembering my Aunt Wesie who played beautifully, and only "by ear"...

calling my cousin Nema to tell her I was remembering her mother 
and feeling so grateful that her gift got passed along to me...

reconnecting with a cousin who was much younger than I when we were growing up 
(junior bridesmaid in my wedding 42 years ago)...

realizing how much more we may have in common at this stage of life...

and looking forward to getting reacquainted as our "current selves", 
when age has so little to do with anything.

God, thank you for saving some of my oh so many thoughts 
for times when all kinds of possibilities rise to the surface 
and SFH gets born in ways that might have otherwise been missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment