Thursday, October 27, 2016

House-hunting...

We are buying a new house.
Rob has picked it out, and we are on our way to see it.
We are driving along, with Rob in the driver's seat,
and Mother, Daddy and sister Susan are along for the ride.
Instead of stopping at the new house,
we stop at a real estate office.
It appears that Rob and the agent are already
quite well acquainted.

In fact,
they talk at length
about the deal they have made with the current owners,
the problems that have arisen in the process,
and the decision they have made about
their final offer.

I feel totally left out.
All I care about is seeing this new house.
For goodness sake,
I haven't even seen the house yet,
and they are already making a final offer
and sealing the deal.

What?!
You mean I don't get to see the house
I'm going to be living in before it's purchased?
You mean I'm supposed to just show up
and simply live there?

What's that you say?
The house isn't for me?
It's for Rob.
And I'll be finding my own new house
in the process?

Yes, Sarah...that's how it works.
Oh.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I wake up
and lie in bed for at least fifteen minutes,
letting this sacred messenger rise fully into my awareness,
soak deeply into my soul,
and whisper gently its request for surrender
yet again.
Surrender to how powerless I was to keep him living--
in a house I thought I could choose for us;
surrender to how powerless I was to be in charge
of his ultimate choice of home;
and surrender to how powerless I am when it comes to knowing
exactly when and where I'll find my new home...
perhaps I already have! 


1 comment: