Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sweet Baby James

James Taylor was our friend,
and like a good friend, he helped our marriage...
I mean, he really did.
Whether it was listening to the old familiar tracks as we travelled
vacation roads, or hearing the words that reminded us
why we were together and would be,
or just feeling like he was singing our hearts to each other
when we had forgotten the words and the tune...
Sweet Baby James was a constant for us.

We heard him in concert 15 years ago,
in Dallas...with Ed & Virginia,
and it was spectacular.

And this was his come-back tour...
and I was there...thanks to my season of 2014...
a move to the Pioneer...a new friend named Joy...
and then this!
I'm telling you, you just cannot make this stuff up.

Icing on the cake:
Zack's texts to ask if he'd played "Frozen Man" or
"Copper Line" yet.
See, those kids in the backseat really are listening!!

Morning after:

And we were there!
 Great seats...
there he is...
bringing him back on...

After he sang what appeared to be his last encore song,
and as folks started heading up and out...
THIS!

"You And I Again"
You and I again, these days go by
And I wish that I could slow the whole thing down
Have it all back again, just one more time
Then again maybe we can't, cause I can't escape this feeling
that we've been this way together, you and I

There You are again, I climbed so high
High enough to finally see your side
Shining in the distance
You were tending your own fire
We were biding our time
Both of us waiting for the moment when our
backs would come together you and I

I see how fierce you are
Never this world would drag us down
How serious you are
Standing on holy ground

And so although I know we are only small
In the time we have here
Maybe we have it all

I see how fierce you are
Never this world would drag us down
How serious you are
Standing on holy ground

And so although I know we are only small
In the time we have here
This time we have it all
You and I again
This time, this time

~James Taylor

Now, listen...and enjoy!

2 comments: