Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Connections...

Today's Daily Lesson comes from John chapter 14 verses 25 through 27:

25 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

"You have everything you need to make it through."
And to hear those words, to take them to heart, and to truly believe them to be true is to enter into the mystery of serenity only God and trust in God can give. It is to no longer be troubled in spirit or afraid of what is to come, but to fall into the arms of God's everlasting peace.  To know we have everything we need is to know we have God, who is everything we need.

From 2nd Thoughts, Ryon Price

Consciously Connected
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
A mature believer, of course, knows that it is impossible not to be connected to the Source, or to be "on the Vine," as Jesus says (see John 15:1-10). But most people are not consciously there yet. They are not "saved" from themselves, which is the only thing we really need to be saved from. They do not live out of their objective, totally given, and unearned identity, "hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3). This is what saints like Francis and Clare allowed, enjoyed, and "fell into." It is always a falling! For most of us, our own deepest identity is still well hidden from us. Religion's primary and irreplaceable job is to bring this foundational truth of our shared identity in God to full and grateful consciousness. This is the only true meaning of holiness.
Father Richard Rohr


Undercurrent 
Beneath the surface of our days
There flows a stream of peace,
A pool of love, a sea of grace,
A river of release.

Yet I within my stubborn shell
Refuse to bend my pride,
Reject the rolling waves of grace,
Resist the tender tide.

Shall I remain upon the shore
And never chance to prove
The all-consuming comfort found
By falling into love?

The choice was made, the bend was there
 Before my mind could speak.
My heart, my guide, compelled me
To relax into the deep.

This leaning in, this letting go,
This plunging into love,
Where unconditional currents keep me
Buoyantly above

The fear I feared, the pain I claimed,
The unattended grief.
I float there now, supported by
A cradle of relief.

Have I survived the battle
Without my sword and shield,
In depths I’d never traveled,
My weaknesses revealed?

And can I yet reenter
This place where love is found,
Forgive, forget, for it is done…
Fall into love again?


Of course, it’s here, it’s always here,
It’s waiting for us all.
It only takes the slightest bow
To go ahead and fall.

The names will change, the patterns shift,
But one thing will remain –
The unrelenting power of love
To heal us, once again.

So may I seek to be revealed,
To break with foolish pride,
Engage the rolling waves of grace,
Embrace the tender tide.

That in the living of my days
My life will simply be
A tributary of this source of love,
Eternally.

Sarah Mulkey
June 2007

It Acts Like Love

It acts like love--music,

it reaches toward the face, touches it, and tries to let you know

His promise:  that all will be okay.

It acts like love--music, and

tells the feet, "You do not have to be so burdened."

My body is covered with wounds

this world made,

but I still longed to kiss Him, even when God said,

"Could you also kiss the hand that caused

each scar,

for you will not find me until

you do."

It does that--music--helps us

to forgive.

Rabia of Basra (c. 717-801)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment