Thursday, April 2, 2015

The conversation...

Tonight, I perused your blog. As I watched and listened to each of the pieces from Rob's service I was filled with such warmth, love, beauty, joy, hope and sadness. I'm so sorry Sarah. I'm not sure I have told you that. What beautiful times you had together and while I know and understand the conflicts of the heart ... I do know that you and Rob shared something very special. And you captured that in your beautiful songs, pictures and videos. You truly honored him and the life he had. You were a wonderful wife and life partner. It was so moving. Thank you for sharing the Sarah and Rob story. You are one special lady!

Sawubona (Hello) Sarah, Thank you for sharing this with me. Many blessings to you and your family in this time of loss and healing. So sorry. Rob was a special man with a special lady. I looked for your email address in mid-December. I was thinking of you daily as we listened to your Christmas CD -- a highlight for Rachael and I each year. It's especially meaningful because its an album of YOU and because there is very little Christmas music to hear in Swaziland! May God continually bless and provide comfort, peace, and joy. You are loved.

Rob’s Celebration service was very special. We were inspired and filled with wonder and thankfulness to be a part of it. May the Lord keep you under His wing this week and always,

We listened to New Mexico Boy Sunday as we drove to the park...and I marveled again at Rob's magic ear and generous heart.  Your passing along those CD's was such a powerful statement of who Rob was.  But it was an equally telling testimony of who Rob and Sarah were and are--and always will be!  It was a winning combo that could not be totally separated.  My thinking is that you never will be, and that is a gift.  There will forever be a Rob and Sarah for all those who knew you.  And, in my thinking he'll still be on your journey, even moving forward.  You are richer and "realer" for having ridden with Rob, the Incredible Mulk!  And so am I...

Hi Sarah, I have been listening to Rob’s compilation of Jazz music dated 2008 and it is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing Rob’s music with me.

Sarah, the service for Rob was wonderful.  What a good job Tim, Ed, and Mary did speaking about their friend. The beautiful spring day seemed to be just perfect timing for remembering someone who loved taking photos of God's creation.Thank you for letting us be a part of this celebration. 

Sarah – We are so glad we got to participate in Rob’s service. It seemed exactly right for him: joyful, celebrative, funny. Thanks for including us. the service you planned was so personal and moving that I feel like I did get to say goodbye to my old pal Rob.

Oh, precious Sarah!  What a sweet letter, and beautiful loving tribute "Remembering Rob!"
You do a fantastic job telling a story and portraying it via computer, AND dear friend, thank
you for sharing a wonderful 'true-love' story of 45 years!       There is nothing to compare with it,
and we who have it/had it are indeed so richly blessed (ours will be 65 yrs. May 27---t'was between
semesters, and seems like yesterday, still so vivid!)........
I really did not know Rob was SO full of humor (except that is Bill's favorite memory of him-----a
most funny and appropriate remark in Sunday School Class  reminds us).  I know his memorial WILL be a true "Celebration of Life" and at l:00 the 11th we will be with you in spirit and holding you lovingly & prayerfully in our hearts.....

LOVED all the photos on your blog. What a beautiful story Sarah!  Thank you for sharing your lives with us! Love you dearly.

Oh Sarah!!  How I am enjoying those pictures of Rob!  Thanks so much for doing this for all of us who knew him well and for us who didn't.  Now I feel like I know him so much better.  Wish I had been able to spend more time with him.  What a neat man.....

I never knew that Rob was so creative.  I knew he refinished many of the beautiful pieces of furniture in your home, but I didn’t know he built also.  I remember that he helped you compile and record your beautiful cds, but I didn’t know he also compiled other cds of assorted music.  I’ve always known that you are one of the most creative and talented individuals I’ve known, but through your blog I see this creative joy in both of you.  I know that all of life is not one big happy smile, but I am so very grateful that you did experience many moments of happiness together! 

I loved looking through all of the Rob photos. So great to remember him and all of the fun things you guys did together and all of the places you have been. Hope you are doing well. I will remember Rob and celebrate his life from Boston.

Dearest Sarah, have thought of you so much these past months, but you would never know it. Loved the photo tribute to Rob...as you know my first meeting with Rob was on our Kansas City trip to get Hospice going in Abilene. He was special, and so are you. 

Oh, Sarah--I lived in your world for 3 hours yesterday. I never realized that a blog could reveal so much in so few words and an abundance of images. I cried. I laughed. I smiled. I rejoiced with you over the grandsons and I remembered Rob and his sense of humor and his outlook on life.  I am attaching 4 photos—you don’t have to use them but wanted you to have them. Remember we got together between Dec. 21st and 28th in 1969 to celebrate our 1 year anniversaries and we had pieces of OUR cake from my freezer and I think we drank grape juice in little wine glasses—and evidently played dominoes. The other photo at your parent’s house was from a similar timeframe I think—at least it was close to these in the album.  Notice the green refrigerator in the background—we also later had the green shag carpet and the orange and gold furniture, etc. Oh my goodness. Memories. Looking forward to seeing you and keeping you in my heart….

I know these past months have been sad and different for you.  I have checked your blog and have enjoyed seeing you and the family.  It is a great way to bring back good memories of Rob.

The pictures of Rob with Zack were so special.  Even though I have not seen Zack since he was small, to see them together was most touching and special.  In seeing the pictures, several things happened. One, it made me think and reflect on the many times I spent with Rob.  And of those times, I cannot recall a bad time.  He was a great friend.  TThanks for the postings on the blog today.  Very, very moving for me to see Rob and all the pictures.wo, it made me wish I had stayed in touch with him and with you.  And third, as when I found out Rob had died, I still cannot believe he is gone.  Grief is upon me again today in the midst the tears and memories for Rob.

Oh my, Sarah.  What a lovely tribute.  I thank you so much for including me in this wonderful opportunity to participate in the remembering.  One specific memory I have of Rob was when I came to visit you at your darling house on Riverside.  We sat and talked and laughed over life in general and enjoyed the moments we had there in your gorgeous home.  You were a decorator like no other.  Warm and edgy all at the same time.  I observed how much Rob loved you, just by his glances and smiles thrown your way with grace and sweetness.  A treasure! Much love to you as you remember Rob and his love for you and for the family and friends that surrounded you in your lives together.

Please know we love you tons and only remember sweet Rob as a funny, healthy, sarcastic and fun man.  We had so much fun having dinner at yall's home and always enjoyed our time with y'all. You are VERY well loved and so was Rob.  I pray the celebration is exactly that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment