Friday, April 24, 2015

Heavenly Healers

Among the many who have assisted me on my spiritual journey 
through the years, Jim Flamming, John Claypool, Henri Nouwen, 
and Barbara Brown Taylor, to mention only a few, 
Jeff Foster is the most recent.

Karla and I attended one of his "meetings" in Boulder last month.
Until then, my relationship with him was via his website, his monthly
newsletter, and several books of his that I continue to read from time to time.
It would be difficult to describe the experience of being "with him",
but there is an article below, written by an observer at a meeting in the UK
who does an excellent job of finding the words that I could not.

Jeff's newsletter usually arrives with words that are just right
and just in time, given what's going on in my life.
His words about death resonate so deeply
with my current experience.
It is truly Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment