Saturday, October 19, 2013


"Whatever it is, stop trying to figure it out right now.
Let it remain unresolved for a little while.
Stop trying to fast-forward
to the 'answer scene' in the movie of your life.
Trust the present scene
of 'no answer yet'.
Allow the question itself space to breathe and be fertilised.
Relax into the mysterious ground of Now."
  - Jeff Foster

In so many different ways, throughout our lives 
we receive the same basic invitation: 
to come out of our complicated 'story', 
and remember what is essential - 
our own sacred and obvious presence, 
here and now. 
Here and now is where all life is.

As Dorothy says in The Wizard of Oz:
"...if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, 
I won't look any further than my own back yard. 
Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!"

No comments:

Post a Comment