Sunday, October 20, 2013

How rumors get started...

From: J.B.
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:42 PM
To: M.S. 
Subject: Contact Information on Sarah Hill Mulkey
 
Now, my crazy reason for trying to find Sarah.  (You can laugh out-loud when I'm finished.)
S. participates in Facebook.  I don't.  It's a tool of the devil!   S. is "friends" with someone who is friends with Rob Mulkey.  A couple weeks ago she told me that on Rob's Facebook page it said that something like "married in 2010".  Weird, we thought.  So, we wondered if he and Sarah were divorced.  I put my keen internet search engine in high gear. My sister in Abilene asked someone she knew about Sarah and she said they had moved to Lubbock to care for an aging relative.
I did a search on 411.com to find them, knowing that they had moved to Lubbock.  What appeared was their house in Lubbock with the names of Zach (age 35-39), perhaps Zach's wife,  Rob, Sarah, and an Elizabeth Mulkey, age 45-49, I think.  So, I thought.  Okay, Rob has married a younger woman.  So, what happened to Sarah.  So, I began my search for Sarah.   I found a Sarah H. Mulkey living in Greenville, SC, about 3 hours from us.  (My mind was thinking we could contact her and invite her to come visit and we could help her through her difficult time of the divorce and then living so far from Zach.)  I then, on Ancestry, looked through the Texas marriage and divorce records through 2011....no sign of Rob's marriage to the younger woman or the divorce of Rob and Sarah.    So, then, maybe Sarah died.  Nothing in the death records.  I found Ken Hill's obituary  from 2008 and they were still together then, so Rob remarried sometime after Ken Hill's death.   
So, in desperation I thought I'd try to find you, knowing ya'll have been close friends forever. That was pretty easy since you are famous and easily found on the internet.   You were my last hope short of having a Lubbock police officer go to the house and ask Rob what he did with Sarah.
I now think, since you have confirmed they are still together, that Rob caused the entire mess.  I think he must have perhaps joined Facebook in 2010 and his profile page was meaning that he was "married in 2010", which apparently he was, and still to Sarah.....and not "newly" married in 2010.
So, the above tale tells you what old, disabled, foolish senior citizens do with their time.  But I'm happy to know that they are still married.  
I can't hear on the telephone so feel free to send this e-mail on to Rob and Sarah so they can also realize old people do strange things, but with the best of intentions. They can e-mail me at _____ if they care to.  Or Sarah can call S. and offer her condolences for living with a strange person with too much free time on his hands.
And anytime you, Mary and Rob/Sarah ever want a free vacation in the mountains just let us know. We would enjoy visiting with all of you.   And thanks for reading all this and for solving this mystery.  I can now return to my search for dead relatives.
Best regards,
J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment