Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Okay, so it's Mother's Day and we're on South Padre Island,
looking for something fun to do.
 We go cruising and find a little place called 
Boomerang Billy's on the Beach.
Does that sound fun...or what?
First we meet Leonard at the Idiot's Club station.
(It's a real deal...and he's the president.)
www.internationalidiotsclub.org/south-padre/club-location - Cached
Then we order Margaritas and a burger 
and sit down to listen to the entertainment.

Who would have thought?!!
Leslie Blasing, the entertainment, was amazing...
formerly from Nashville, she and Chuck are now settled on the island.
Anyway, we enjoyed one song after another---plus, she was absolutely hilarious!

I kept thinking, this just doesn't seem right
Me...a mother and grandmother...sitting at a beach-side bar on Mother's Day
enjoying my drink and my burger...
miles away from my mother, my kids, my grands.

And then it happened!
Leslie said she was dedicating the next song to mothers everywhere.
That's when she sang,
"Because You Loved Me"...and I cried...a lot.
When she finished, I went up and gave her a hug and put $5 in the tip jar.
It was perfect.
I am loved and I get to love.
What a perfect Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment