Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Recycling

In the beginning
was the word

LOVE

and God, being LOVE, shared it with
the whole wide world.

Here, take ME into YOU
and multiply the JOY.

LOVE,
free and timeless!

Breathe it into your very LIFE, and
simply let it settle into your very nature.

LOVE  IS
 your very nature.

And at each birthing, sing this song of LOVE.

Breathe LOVE in.

Breathe LOVE out.

More and more and more LOVE

Nothing but LOVE

Nothing but

WAIT!

If it is I who receives LOVE,

then, perhaps, there is even MORE than mere love to be received.

Besides, this feels too easy, too empty, too nothing-like,
and I am certainly not nothing.

In fact, I am something, and something deserves everything.

Well, doesn't it?

Just LOVE, you say? 

Thanks, but no thanks!

             I'm thinking maybe an identity, a reputation,a modus operandi,                   
a purpose--yes, that's it--a purpose!!

Now, you can't argue with that.

Well, I can't just hang around here doing nothing.

I've got WORK to do.

Besides, I'm already feeling a bit weary and breathless
just thinking about this..so much to DO.

Better get busy.

Better stay busy.

Better be busy.

Better be better.

Better BE
                  
Who? What? When? Where? Why?

The Seeker. The prize. As long as it takes. Out there. Just because.

 This is hard work, but surely it's worth it.

I'll just keep at it, try harder, seek harder, work harder!

(Time passes, or not)

Now what was it I came into this world to do?

I'm getting so forgetful.

Hmmmm...I vaguely remember...something about love...my birthright,
My very nature.

Hmmmm...is it still there for the getting?

Or is it too late to ever remember it back
in the beginning
was the only word,
LOVE
never ends...

Written in 2010...and still true in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment