Thursday, July 26, 2012

BGC-O, Day 3

Ye Olde Bag-o-Grief

Well, we made it through another morning of garage-cleaning,
and we are quite pleased with our progress.

WHEW!

It feels so good to let go of all the stuff that collects 
when you're not looking and either discard it or find a place to put it 
that enhances rather than burdens daily living.

(Where IS that blankety-blank screwdriver!?)

The bag in the photo represents just such stuff--
a time in my life that was so very real and needed to be owned.


At the time.

I have kept the bag and its contents in the garage, opening it
only a couple of times in almost three years.

Perhaps I hadn't parted with it because it had become 
a shrine of sorts to a season that taught me so much about life and loss.

It contained lots of valuable information and props to help me talk 
about something that is almost impossible to put into words,
(You just know it when you're in it.)
and to help others navigate the waters I was swimming in.

It was so very relevant.


At the time.

AND

Now it is just excess baggage.

Emptying its contents and discarding most of them 
and then putting the bag in the back of the pick-up for delivery 
to Goodwill felt especially liberating.

HA! Goodwill, indeed!!

Sometimes we have to let go of things that were significant 
in the past, to have the space necessary 
for the new things that want in.


PS: I have a feeling Frank nodded a quick blessing-of-the-bag
as I passed him on the way to the dumpster.











No comments:

Post a Comment