Friday, July 8, 2011

Charmed Day in Tot Land

I am pooped!

Sawyer is spending the night with me, and we've both had a very busy day.

He is already tucked in for the night, and I am oh so ready to find a cozy chair, 
sip a cup of decaf, and read my book. Whew!

But before I do, here's a photo from today's mall adventure:

King of the Mountain

And here's another one from nine months ago:
(Same zebra slide/same boy)


And now for what I didn't capture in a photograph today:

Sawyer spontaneously giving this big kid a high-five as we walked through the mall 
and then lingering to visit with him; I have no idea what he said, 
but he said it with such conviction.

A sweet little girl offering Sawyer her seat on the trolley 
because I didn't have three quarters for the ride.
He graciously accepted and loved every minute of it.

Giving him his "night-milk" and cradling him like I did so often 
when he was a little baby, and noticing how from my vantage point, 
I could see both his brother Caleb and his daddy Zack 
in his precious face.
I did have to squint just a bit.

Yes, I am exhausted, but I am full to the brim with gratitude for
this life I am living right this minute.

Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment