Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pieces-of-Life


A dear friend sent this photo to me today, 
telling me she had fixed the broken pieces and even added 
a couple of new pieces from her own collections.  

It started as a gift from me to her, 
Pieces of Life, I called it. 

When I took it out of the bag to give it to her, 
the "Caleb-Twig" was broken.  

She assured me she could fix it.  

And as you see, she has, by adding another twig, 
found by special little grand-hands in her own family circle, 
and a shell I had given her years ago.

And isn't that the way friendship works at its loveliest?  

We present the gift of ourselves, 
our pieces-of-life, brokenness included, 
and a loving friend accepts the whole package, 
even our brokenness, 
and by doing so makes our gift even more beautiful, 
more complete perhaps.  

Sacred synergy!

No comments:

Post a Comment