Friday, January 7, 2011

Believing is seeing


This odd array of yard decor is evidence that we haven't done anything 
to enhance our new backyard since we moved here a year ago.  

Yes, that is a storm cellar--apparently the only one 
in this housing development "included with the house" 
when it was built ten years ago.  

I suppose it was an added incentive for potential buyers 
who had heard about Lubbock tornadoes of the past.  

All that currently sits atop the cellar door will one day find places 
amidst the stunning landscaping yet to be revealed.  

When I see this sight, my usual thought response is, 
"We've got to do something with that backyard."  

So how very refreshing when grandson Caleb, 
upon recently spotting the "animal cemetery" as I lovingly refer to it, 
remarked, "Oh, tell PapaRob I like what he's done with the animals."  

It's all perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment