Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Treasure Hunting


This is what I saw when I stepped outside early Thanksgiving morning. 
Amazing, eh? I'm so glad I looked up. 

What I know is these moments of sheer delight and incredible beauty 
are happening all the time. 
I miss seeing them because I'm so often looking down 
at my own thoughts, plans, expectations. 

"Open my eyes that I may see glimpses of truth thou hast for me" 
are words from a familiar hymn I've sung all my life. 

I think I'm beginning to understand that these glimpses of truth 
are those times when joy, peace--happiness, if you will--fill my spirit, 
and I have had absolutely nothing to do with it.  

My spirit's responses to Caleb's writing "M.E.", and the morning's beautiful sky-art 
are definitely soul-feelings, not the worldly-feelings that come 
from performing, achieving, or doing anything to gain happiness. 

Worldly-feelings of happiness come with a price; 
soul-feeling-happiness is absolutely free! 

It feels like I'm on a treasure hunt 
as I begin collecting these moments of SFH
Wonder what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment