Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude Blogging


It's the day before Thanksgiving, and for reasons I cannot fully explain, 
I've decided to create a blog site.  
Before I think myself out of it, I'm going to trust M.E. 
(that's my new grandmother name) and just go with it.  

I've had the pleasure of spending the past several days with my older grandson,
Caleb, and it's his recent spelling of my grandmother name
that prompted this blog site.  

I've gone by Emmy since he was a baby, 
but when he created a piece of artwork for me the other day, he wrote, "For M.E.".  
I like it! As the saying goes, "Wherever you go, there you are." 

In fact, the older I get, the more comfortable I am with the M.E. 
that just keeps showing up to be present, aware, and grateful for what is.  

So, today, among so many things, I am grateful for Caleb and his innocent wisdom 
in reminding me of who I am...just M.E.  
It's usually enough, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment