Thursday, July 28, 2016

Easier said than done...


I shared the Christena Cleveland meditation with the grandboys
the other day when there appeared to be a
"teachable moment".
I told them that there seemed to be so much meanness in the world,
and that we get to choose how we want to be
in the middle of it.
So, when we are feeling mean
or feeling like someone is being mean to us,
we can breathe in
L-O-V-E,
and we can breathe out
J-O-Y.
We practiced a few times and then went on to our next things.

Yesterday afternoon, as I was taking the boys home

(after a particularly challenging day
with boys who are at such different ages and stages
and with such different personalities...and with the heat...
and with the fact that they're recovering from
beach time exhaustion...
and with the fact that I'm rather weary myself)

from the backseat came this handy reminder from Sawyer:

"You know, Emmy, when Caleb and I are fussing and when
you get upset about it, you could breathe in
L-O-V-E
and breathe out
J-O-Y."

Oh, yeah, there's that...






1 comment: