Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Re-membering

I have noticed lately
that just when I've formed an opinion about something or someone
--a judgment or a conclusion--
that if I'm paying attention, I will soon thereafter experience
doing or being the very thing I had judged. 
Hmmmm...it's like if I can see it in you/them,
then it's in me as well. 
Those times of awareness are becoming
more and more available to me, which I'm taking as a
GIFT,
although a most humbling one. 

I wrote a poem about this many years ago. 
I guess I'm re-membering it again.


7.5.2010
 "Cafeteria  Style"
Love
Is a circle
Of remembering
How it never felt to dish it out
When you have just been served a big
Helping of Well-That-Didn't-Feel-Good;
And  in time, and certainly no sooner,
You finally forgive all broken hands,
And remembering
Is a circle of
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment