Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What to do with a 67-Year-Old Baby Book?

Every time I clean out my "Treasure Chest",
I see this little pink book...cracked, discolored, the cover
falling off...and I know its days are numbered.
Who, but me, would even want this little treasure?
So, I decided to photograph significant pages and
let the weary little book go.
I was obviously a first-child, as no other child
ever gets the amount of recorded commentary, both
written and photographic, that the first one does.
I was very much wanted...my parents having waited
nine years for my arrival on the scene.
So they were serious about this!
Vows, nonetheless!!
Guess I've moved from the bottom-left
to the upper-right...
I'm legal!
and foot-printed!
My "incidents" recorded...
(that's a lock of hair)
I was apparently providing "incidents" at every turn...
and scribes were recording them asap.
Most of these are songs...Mother & Daddy
priding themselves on my repertoire
prior to my second birthday.
Sweet notes from Mother...
I love the part about my "little fat cheeks and double chin"
and remarks from others that, "She's too fat".
"No! she isn't too fat, she's just right for a little shorty,"
exclaims Mother.
I have decided to start using that excuse again!!
Teeth must have been a big deal...
All these statistics were definitely right up
Mother's alley...
Check...check.
Sweet message from Daddy, the writer,
in his most artistic hand!
Note 1957 - Wheelock Elementary
(across the street from my UU church now)
Uh-oh!
Well, she didn't have time!
All those statistics and all those "doings" were her clear message, 
her GIFTS, to me.
FAMILY TREE

Apparently Autographs were highly sought-after,
and evidence of how very much Kenneth & Betty
were loved by so many!

Baby gifts were also recorded and duly thanked!
What precious evidence of a very happy couple
who documented and treasured the experience of
finally being parents!
Any wonder I'm the "documenter 
and treasurer" that I am?!
IT'S IN MY GENES!!

1 comment: